Since the beginning Rip Curl has actively contributed to its local communities, through employment opportunities made available and through supporting relevant community groups and issues, particularly maintenance of the coastal environments. We also have a strong determination to be environmentally responsible, and we encourage our crew to participate in achieving this. The below points guide the crew in achieving our Value of “Community and the Environment”, that constitutes our Environmental Policy.
- Design and develop innovative products that are durable and long-lasting to extend product life and reduce overall consumption, considering the impact of each stage of the production cycle on the environment.
- Bring added value to product design and manufacturing, such as eco-friendly and recycled materials.
- Continue to grow our understanding and search for new methods in all aspects of the production process, with the end goal of reducing our impact on the environment.
- Reduce our use of plastics throughout the production and delivery process of our products.
- Respect the people and the land in which our products are produced.
- Give back to the local community and environment in which our offices and suppliers are located.
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behaviour in all that we do.
We see our pathway to sustainability as a journey where our customers, crew and shareholders are constantly raising their expectation level. It is this level of expectation we seek to meet and exceed.